(Please do not reply or forward this email directly; please use the Reply, Share buttons at the bottom of this message)
Message sent by
Claudia Pattison (Police, PCSO, Test Valley District)
Between the hours of midday on 16/08/2017 and 1am on 18/08/2017, a garage burglary occurred in Romsey Road, King’s Somborne. A variety of items were stolen, including fishing equipment and radio-controlled cars. If you remember seeing or hearing anything suspicious, please call 101 and quote 44170319097.
We recommend the following:
- Place all tools and garden equipment in locked sheds and garages.
- Secure more expensive items, e.g. mowers, bikes to an anchor point within the shed or garage.
- Mark all items with postcode and record serial numbers. e.g. UV pens or forensic marking kits. Register the details for free on www.immobilise.com
- Take photographs of items such as statues and garden furniture if they are unusual, for easy identification at a later date.
- Fit a shed alarm.
- Keep the structure in good repair.
- Consider covering windows with curtains to obscure the view of the contents.
- Consider external lighting.
- Ensure the garden fences are in good repair between neighbours to prevent unlawful access.
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.