This is a message sent via Neighbourhood Watch. This information has been sent on behalf of Hampshire Constabulary
(Please do not reply or forward this email directly; please use the Reply, Share buttons at the bottom of this message)
Message sent by
Storm Perrott (Police, PCSO, Test Valley District)
At this time of year we see a rise in the number of theft from motor vehicle incidents, particularly from beauty spot car parks.
Please see the following information for crime prevention advice
- When leaving your car, close all windows and lock your car.
- Upon locking your vehicle try your car door to ensure it is actually locked.
- Park your car in an attended car park.
- Look for public car parks approved by the Park Mark scheme.
- When parking at home, use your garage. If you don't have a garage, park in a well-lit area.
- Don't leave anything on display in your vehicle.
- Take all your personal possessions with you.
- Remove sat nav holders and visible sat nav ring marks from windscreens.
- Leave the glove box open to show there's nothing inside.
- Fit an alarm or immobiliser to your car.
- Record the details of your property on the Immobilise website (see right).
- Do not store your car's documents in the car.
- Secure your wheels using locking wheel nuts.
- More information about alarms can be found on the Thatcham and Sold Secure websites.